We're 50 days old! It's kind of surprising, at least to me; I didn't know we'd get so far. We've seen both good content and bad content, as anyone who's checked out meta knows. We're trying to keep quality high. We've certainly seen plenty of highly-upvoted posts, but it's easy for really good posts to get lost beneath them. Therefore, I'm proposing that we reward some of the best (perhaps unappreciated or underappreciated) answers we've gotten so far . . . with bounties.
- Write an answer to this post with a link to the answer you're nominating and a short paragraph explaining why the answer is one of the best. Only nominate one answer in each meta answer.
- The answer must have been written prior to 8/14/2017, 0:00 UTC.
- No self-nominations allowed! Let's try to be generous to other people.
- The meta nomination answer with the most upvotes - not net score, but upvotes - wins. The score of the actual answer does not matter; remember, some of the best answers may have gone unnoticed.
- The #1 answer will get a bounty of +300, the #2 answer will get a bounty of +200, and the #3 answer will get a bounty of +100. I'm willing to put up some of that rep.
- Voting ends on 8/24/17, 0:00 UTC.
May the best answer win!
- The bounty amounts can change; I'll take suggestions about that and other miscellaneous rules modifications.
- If you want to offer additional bounties, go ahead!
- I'd be interested in doing this again once we hit the 100 day mark. That might provide incentive for people to write even better answers.
- Rewards for the best answer from the 2nd quarter of 2017, Movies & TV
- Best-of PSE 2016: description, categories, and results, Physics
- Best answer contest: First quarter of 5777, Mi Yodeya
Third place: NO third submission.