This should have remained closed.
Theres a bunch of questions, all interfering with each other:
- Title: Is the waitress nice to me because she likes me or because it’s her job?
- Body: How can I find out without embarrassing her and/or me?
- Body: But I would prefer to know in advance if it makes sense to ask her at all.
- Body: I never asked her if she has a boyfriend or is married or something like that.
- Comment: I guess I expect an answer, maybe from someone in the service industry, along the lines: When I am nice to a customer I do x and if I want to let him know I am interested in him personally I would do y.
Specifically, OP appears to be asking how to soft-shoe asking a lady if she's interested. If ever there were an interpersonal question, this is it.
Uhmm.. yeah. If that's the one you choose to pick. The question wasn't edited to remove the other points. So, what are we going to answer here?
- Is she nice because it's her job?
- Is there a way to find out if she's interested in OP without embarrassment? -
- Does it make sense to ask a waitress out?
- How can OP ask her if she's married or has a boyfriend or not?
- Can a waitress please tell me what all waitresses do to nice people?
It's okay to see a good question in there.
It's not okay to overlook the problems there are because of this.
Please wait until an OP has provided an edit to specifically state their goal and problem before picking one from between the lines and asking to reopen because 'that part is good'.
Or take it upon yourself to edit the question, if you think there's enough information in the comments proving the OP is struggling with that specific problem and the rest is just distracting fluff.
I flagged the thing for moderator attention.
It was closed as being too opinion-based.
Okay, so maybe the close-reason left some room for improvement.
One of the problems listed above can be seen as the major one, since it was asked both in title and comments confirmed OP expeced this to be answered. That was opinion based.
The other problems are more valid for this site, but all of them in one question makes it too broad --> Focus on one specific problem
Then, unclear what you're asking would have been good as well, since the original questions leave a lot to be desired with regards to details:
- What behavior does OP label 'nice'
- What indications are there the waitress is treating him different from others?
- How well does OP know this waitress (since edited in a little).
- How does an interaction with this waitress generally look like?