Two of my comments were deleted today.
Before you jump to the obvious conclusions, let me go through the checklist:
- They were not in any way conflicting with the CoC
- They were not answers or partial answers
- They were a comment targeted at the OP
- They were answered by the OP (which makes me think it was a good kind of comment, even if the answer basically was "no thanks")
- They weren't chatty
- They were on-topic, regarding the question
- There were no other comments going on, this was not part of a bigger cleanup
When the first one was deleted, I asked if it had somehow been inappropriate. Because quite simply, if it had been, I would like to improve. And I cannot improve (even if that means not commenting on certain things in the first place) if it just gets sucked into a black hole without any explanation.
I think I may even have gotten an answer to my second comment, at least I had a notification, but there was nothing there when I opened my browser a few minutes later.
Now I know, comments are second class citizens and temporary and subject to silent removal. But certainly not mere minutes after posting it?
So what is happening here? Did I do something wrong?