To make my questions more clear, I always post in the present tense, first-person point of view (I, me, my, etc.). In order to be fully transparent about the nature of my questions while still using first-person and present tense, I use an HTML comment at the top of my posts:
<!-- status-[realness]-[person] -->
realness, the following values are possible:
real: This question is about a real situation I'm facing currently, I've faced in the past, or will definitely face in the near future.
past: This question is about a situation I've faced in the past and has since been resolved, but I'm wondering if I made the right decision at that time or if I could have handled the situation differently.
hypothetical: This question is about a hypothetical situation I may or may not face in the future.
fake: This question is about a made-up situation. (Will never use; only there to differentiate it from
person, the following values are possible:
myself: The question is about myself.
others: The question is about someone else. (Again, I use the first-person point-of-view for clarity.)
Previously known as:
From 2014 until late 2017, I helpfully edited hundreds of Meta Stack Exchange posts anonymously.
Member for 2 years, 11 months
120 profile views
Last seen 2 days ago
- Meta Stack Exchange 62.5k 62.5k 1313 gold badges114114 silver badges264264 bronze badges
- Travel 3k 3k 22 gold badges1919 silver badges4242 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.8k 1.8k 33 gold badges2222 silver badges3434 bronze badges
- Super User 1.8k 1.8k 88 gold badges2626 silver badges4242 bronze badges
- Interpersonal Skills 1.7k 1.7k 11 gold badge88 silver badges3131 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 263 Employee profiles are now marked with a “Staff” indicator
- 231 New Feature: Table Support
- 170 Goodbye, Prettify. Hello highlight.js! Swapping out our Syntax Highlighter
- 102 Improved experience for users with review suspensions
- 100 New Reputation Calculation - was the community asked?
- 86 Employee profiles are now marked with a “Staff” indicator
- 78 Suggested edit by Anonymous
- View more network posts →