To make my questions more clear, I always post in the present tense, first-person point of view (I, me, my, etc.). In order to be fully transparent about the nature of my questions while still using first-person and present tense, I use an HTML comment at the top of my posts:
<!-- status-[realness]-[person] -->
realness, the following values are possible:
real: This question is about a real situation I'm facing currently, I've faced in the past, or will definitely face in the near future.
past: This question is about a situation I've faced in the past and has since been resolved, but I'm wondering if I made the right decision at that time or if I could have handled the situation differently.
hypothetical: This question is about a hypothetical situation I may or may not face in the future.
fake: This question is about a made-up situation. (Will never use; only there to differentiate it from
person, the following values are possible:
myself: The question is about myself.
others: The question is about someone else. (Again, I use the first-person point-of-view for clarity.)
Previously known as:
From 2014 until late 2017, I helpfully edited hundreds of Meta Stack Exchange posts anonymously.
Member for 1 year, 5 months
100 profile views
Last seen yesterday
- Meta Stack Exchange 16.9k 16.9k 66 gold badges4646 silver badges110110 bronze badges
- Travel 1.9k 1.9k 11 gold badge1414 silver badges3737 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.7k 1.7k 33 gold badges1818 silver badges3232 bronze badges
- Super User 1.3k 1.3k 77 gold badges2222 silver badges4141 bronze badges
- Interpersonal Skills 866 866 11 gold badge66 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 78 Left nav, responsive design, and theming next steps
- 74 How do I tell students at a school I volunteer at to stop flirting with me?
- 67 Why are the comment upvote and flag options always appearing now?
- 53 Suggested edit by Anonymous
- 46 How do I get attention for old, unfixed bug reports and feature requests without official responses here on Meta?
- 41 Why must I lock the door of an aircraft lavatory before the light inside fully brightens?
- 41 How can we opt out from the arbitration clause of the new terms of service?
- View more network posts →