I'm a professional software developer, mostly C++ and sometimes Java. I really like more modern languages (e.g. Python, Scala, maybe even C#), but I haven't managed to make them my full time job yet. I'd be happy just to have access to a C++11 compiler most of the time. I probably qualify as a Jedi Knight in Unix/Linux systems and development tools, but I am at best a talented upperclassman Padawan in the ways of programming, even though I started over a decade ago.
I'm also quite skilled in the culinary arts and basic food science, mostly self-taught. I should probably join Seasoned Advice and answer some questions over there, but for now you can read a few of my answers on Quora.
My real call to fame is that I know many narrow subjects really in depth and therefore know a small but above-average amount about a wide range topics. That allows me to reason strongly about less clear problems and answer some pretty esoteric questions. Maybe that's the kind of thing one should list first in an About Me section. If I ever figure out how to get rich and/or famous this way, I'll do that.
Member for 2 years, 4 months
0 profile views
Last seen Jun 5 '18 at 23:57
- Interpersonal Skills 484 484 22 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- Seasoned Advice 390 390 11 silver badge77 bronze badges
- The Workplace 234 234 33 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Vi and Vim 201 201 11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 154 154 22 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 22 How can I ask my girlfriend to split gas money for a long trip?
- 13 How to make bread with plain flour?
- 12 How do I tell between compliments and 'ball' jokes while juggling?
- 10 Delete all consecutive duplicates
- 6 Is it okay for an intern student to add co-workers on LinkedIn?
- 5 Should I extend std::less for a comparison functor?
- 5 Is "Are you interviewing other candidates?" a good or terrible response when asked if you are interviewing with other companies?
- View more network posts →