I will be speaking at the Foresight Forecasting Practitioner Conference in Chapel Hill, NC, on November 13-14. See you there!
- I create software to forecast retail sales and calculate order proposals. Lots of time series, with an emphasis on fast, automatic and robust data cleansing and forecasting. My main responsibility is the algorithmic and statistical aspects of the SAP Unified Demand Forecast, SAP's forecasting engine for the retail sector.
- I'm an Associate Editor for the practitioner-oriented forecasting journal Foresight published by the International Institute of Forecasters.
- I'm an Honorary Researcher at the Centre for Marketing Analytics and Forecasting at Lancaster University Management School.
- I recently authored, with Enno Siemsen, an accessible forecasting textbook: Demand Forecasting for Managers, by Business Expert Press. Get a copy for the forecaster or forecasting manager in your life today!
- My ORCID is 0000-0001-9393-0765.
- My main tool is the statistical computing environment R.
If you would like to connect with me on LinkedIn, please feel free to send me an invite. However, please invest a few words about just why you would like to do so. If all I get is the canned LinkedIn connection email, I'm likely to ignore it. Thank you!
Member for 2 years, 1 month
0 profile views
Last seen Oct 18 '18 at 7:21
- Cross Validated 56.8k 56.8k 1010 gold badges111111 silver badges208208 bronze badges
- Academia 27.5k 27.5k 99 gold badges9696 silver badges140140 bronze badges
- The Workplace 9.2k 9.2k 33 gold badges3232 silver badges5454 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 6.7k 6.7k 22 gold badges2323 silver badges4242 bronze badges
- Philosophy 1k 1k 11 gold badge22 silver badges55 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 240 How to know that your machine learning problem is hopeless?
- 171 How to deal with failing a student?
- 159 How to Say "No" to my manager if he asks me to take his exams for him
- 145 Students trying to negotiate away penalties for late submission of coursework
- 107 Why is accuracy not the best measure for assessing classification models?
- 104 Why do academics frequently write very short email replies?
- 104 Is it appropriate for an undergrad student to ask a professor to sign a non-disclosure agreement?
- View more network posts →