Anne Daunted GoFundMonica
Important link: Defend Monica from Defamation by Stack Overflow
The Stack Exchange method:
- Goal: Put forth the appearance of being a champion of diversity and inclusivity.
- Fire an actual champion of diversity and inclusivity - a volunteer, a moderator. Part of a minority herself, created a safe space for marginalized people in her communities. (She was seemingly fired because she dared to ask questions about a then not even written down update to the Code of Conduct. But Stack Exchange keeps quiet, even towards her.).
- Ruin her reputation by spreading false accusations, even to the press.
- Wait for people to forget about it.
For further reading:
I hope to one day become a less bad programmer.
To protect the privacy of the people I'm referring to, I use fake names in my posts. These are Alice, Bob, Eve, Mallory etc. If gender plays no role, it may also be impossible to infer from the fake name used.
Member for 3 years, 5 months
133 profile views
Last seen Mar 13 '18 at 9:15
- Interpersonal Skills 12.3k 12.3k 1414 gold badges4646 silver badges7474 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 6.6k 6.6k 55 gold badges1717 silver badges4747 bronze badges
- Movies & TV 6.4k 6.4k 22 gold badges3030 silver badges5353 bronze badges
- Parenting 3.4k 3.4k 44 gold badges1717 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- The Workplace 1.4k 1.4k 33 gold badges1212 silver badges2626 bronze badges
Top network posts
- 267 Firing mods and forced relicensing: is Stack Exchange still interested in cooperating with the community?
- 110 How to respond to questions that feel like I have to defend the relationship I'm in
- 102 How can I convince my girlfriend not to worry about gifts I give her?
- 88 How to react professionally when a colleague comes to work with a black eye?
- 85 How do I gently reject an indecent proposal?
- 76 How to talk to a teen daughter about her weight
- 73 What is the evidence on the danger of feeding whole blueberries and grapes to infants and toddlers?
- View more network posts →