Important link: Defend Monica from Defamation by Stack Overflow
The Stack Exchange method:
- Goal: Put forth the appearance of being a champion of diversity and inclusivity.
- Fire an actual champion of diversity and inclusivity - a volunteer, a moderator. Part of a minority herself, created a safe space for marginalized people in her communities. (She was seemingly fired because she dared to ask questions about a then not even written down update to the Code of Conduct. But Stack Exchange keeps quiet, even towards her.).
- Ruin her reputation by spreading false accusations, even to the press.
- Wait for people to forget about it.
For further reading:
I hope to one day become a less bad programmer.
To protect the privacy of the people I'm referring to, I use fake names in my posts. These are Alice, Bob, Eve, Mallory etc. If gender plays no role, it may also be impossible to infer from the fake name used.
- Interpersonal Skills 12.3k 12.3k 1414 gold badges4747 silver badges7474 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 6.6k 6.6k 55 gold badges1717 silver badges4747 bronze badges
- Movies & TV 6.5k 6.5k 33 gold badges3232 silver badges5454 bronze badges
- Parenting 3.4k 3.4k 44 gold badges1717 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- The Workplace 1.4k 1.4k 33 gold badges1313 silver badges2727 bronze badges
Top network posts
- 268 Firing mods and forced relicensing: is Stack Exchange still interested in cooperating with the community?
- 110 How to respond to questions that feel like I have to defend the relationship I'm in
- 102 How can I convince my girlfriend not to worry about gifts I give her?
- 88 How to react professionally when a colleague comes to work with a black eye?
- 85 How do I gently reject an indecent proposal?
- 76 How to talk to a teen daughter about her weight
- 73 What is the evidence on the danger of feeding whole blueberries and grapes to infants and toddlers?
- View more network posts →