Parent and Physician. Parenting is the hardest job I've ever had. I've said more than once, it's easier to take care of someone with a rupturing aortic aneurysm than to handle a toddler throwing temper tantrum.
Now the challenge is to be a parent to adult, married children, and learning to be a good mother-in-law and grandmother.
First site active: EL&U.
For last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice.
― T.S. Eliot
Language is the most massive and inclusive art we know, a mountainous and anonymous work of unconscious generations.
What fetters the mind and benumbs the spirit is ever the dogged acceptance of absolutes.
― Edward Sapir, Language: an Introduction to the Study of Speech
- Parenting 63.8k 63.8k 1313 gold badges140140 silver badges227227 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 54.2k 54.2k 1616 gold badges119119 silver badges199199 bronze badges
- Interpersonal Skills 24.7k 24.7k 1515 gold badges7979 silver badges122122 bronze badges
- Biology 23.7k 23.7k 33 gold badges6464 silver badges8686 bronze badges
- Medical Sciences 10k 10k 11 gold badge3030 silver badges5656 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 214 What to do if you are accidentally following someone?
- 209 Firing mods and forced relicensing: is Stack Exchange still interested in cooperating with the community?
- 205 What to do with my pre-teen daughter who has been out of control since a severe accident?
- 175 Son was sent home from sleepover for behavior
- 166 As a pedestrian, how to get someone to stop following you in a car?
- 165 How can I stop enabling my brothers without my mom exploding?
- 158 My 16 year old daughter got a speeding ticket
- View more network posts →