Work I got paid for: Medicine, Molecular Biology, soap and lotion making (really!)
Work I kind of got paid for: Breeding Border Collies (the best dogs in the world), teaching Latin to homeschooled kids (grades 3-12)
Work I never got paid for but loved: Farming, homeschooling, raising a family
First SE site I found: EL&U
For last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice.
― T.S. Eliot
Language is the most massive and inclusive art we know, a mountainous and anonymous work of unconscious generations.
What fetters the mind and benumbs the spirit is ever the dogged acceptance of absolutes.
― Edward Sapir, Language: an Introduction to the Study of Speech
Member for 2 years
87 profile views
Last seen Jun 19 at 8:14
- Parenting♦ 56.3k 56.3k 1212 gold badges119119 silver badges199199 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 51.3k 51.3k 1414 gold badges109109 silver badges191191 bronze badges
- Biology 22.7k 22.7k 22 gold badges5252 silver badges7777 bronze badges
- Interpersonal Skills 22.5k 22.5k 1515 gold badges7474 silver badges122122 bronze badges
- Medical Sciences 8.6k 8.6k 11 gold badge2424 silver badges5454 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 206 What to do if you are accidentally following someone?
- 203 What to do with my pre-teen daughter who has been out of control since a severe accident?
- 177 Son was sent home from sleepover for behavior
- 163 How can I stop enabling my brothers without my mom exploding?
- 160 As a pedestrian, how to get someone to stop following you in a car?
- 155 My 16 year old daughter got a speeding ticket
- 139 Arguing science with a passionate non-scientist?
- View more network posts →