Elected moderator on Unix & Linux.
I've been using Linux since the late '90s and have gone through a variety of distributions. At one time or another, I've been a user of Mandrake, SuSe, openSuSe, Fedora, RedHat, Ubuntu, Mint, Linux Mint Debian Edition (basically Debian testing but more green) and, for the past few years, Arch.
My Linux expertise, such as it is, is mostly on manipulating text and regular expressions since that represents a large chunk of my daily work.
Member for 3 years, 3 months
1 profile view
Last seen Apr 23 at 13:43
- Unix & Linux♦ 178.9k 178.9k 4949 gold badges345345 silver badges536536 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 83.1k 83.1k 1515 gold badges167167 silver badges257257 bronze badges
- Super User 46.9k 46.9k 1111 gold badges106106 silver badges157157 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 20.1k 20.1k 1414 gold badges7272 silver badges116116 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 18.7k 18.7k 55 gold badges3838 silver badges6969 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 1118 How can I replace a string in a file(s)?
- 831 How can I replace a string in a file(s)?
- 635 Firing Community Managers: Stack Exchange is not interested in cooperating with the community, is it?
- 426 What are the shell's control and redirection operators?
- 309 What are the shell's control and redirection operators?
- 240 Firing mods and forced relicensing: is Stack Exchange still interested in cooperating with the community?
- 230 We need "assume good intent" back in the Code of Conduct
- View more network posts →