Neuroscientist researching the neuro-computational basis of human decision-making, beliefs, and subjective emotional states. My primary academic interests are anything relating to predictive processing, nonlinear dynamical systems, neuroeconomics, and artificial intelligence.
Outside of academia I enjoy:
- Philosophy (mainly theory of mind and epistemology)
- Music (theory, composition, transcription, alternative tuning systems)
- Programming (R, Python)
- Mathematics (data science and related applied fields)
- Gaming (mostly PC these days)
- Creating maps for Doom/ZDoom
- I'm open to all music but my favorite genres are: Electroacoustic, orchestral, progressive house, video game OSTs, Jazz/Big Band from 40's-60's, and extreme metal (death metal, black metal, etc.)
- Sci-fi and fantasy (Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson, Dan Simmons, J.R.R. Tolkien, etc)
- Tabletop-RPGs (mostly Dungeons and Dragons)
- Hiking, weight training, running
Member for 2 years, 5 months
0 profile views
Last seen Jan 8 '19 at 18:50
- Music: Practice & Theory 927 927 77 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Aviation 593 593 11 gold badge44 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Philosophy 564 564 22 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Academia 547 547 22 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 371 371 11 silver badge1111 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 60 A (440 Hz) and A (880 Hz) are completely different sounds to me. Does this mean I'm tone deaf?
- 49 How dangerous was the turbulence on this commercial flight?
- 20 What makes an interval "Perfect"?
- 19 Why are western Philosophers not fair to Indian philosophers?
- 15 Arguing science with a passionate non-scientist?
- 14 What do I need to know about traveling to Dubai during Ramadan?
- 13 As a TA, how to react if I come across a Facebook group in which students insult me?
- View more network posts →