Been developing software for fun and profit since the early 70's. It's been an interesting ride, and I've gotten to see a lot of technologies come, go, and come again. I'm particularly interested in programming languages and watching the reinvention of strong typing that's going on now.
Long time runner, including a few marathons, but my pace is now quite gentle (euphemism for "slow").
Enjoy creating pottery on the wheel and (very gradually) improving. I now have a full set of wine goblets, each of which is a serious bit of work.
Member for 3 years, 4 months
31 profile views
Last seen Jan 15 at 17:51
- Interpersonal Skills 7k 7k 33 gold badges1515 silver badges3838 bronze badges
- The Workplace 4k 4k 22 gold badges1212 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 395 395 11 gold badge22 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 180 180 77 bronze badges
- Personal Finance & Money 101 101 11 silver badge22 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 267 New manager unapproved PTO my old manager approved, because of a conference at the same time that's now a "condition of my employment here"
- 180 How to repeat yourself without being condescending
- 133 How can I ask my girlfriend to be my gym buddy without hurting her feelings?
- 101 How to tell someone I'd like to become friends without causing them to think I'm romantically interested in them?
- 87 Workplace intimidation due to child's chronic health condition
- 60 Senior employee of my team understood my email as an order and didn't like it
- 58 How to try to get my neighbour to park their car in their assigned spot?
- View more network posts →