I taking an indefinite hiatus
I am taking an indefinite hiatus due to chronic mismanagement from Stack Exchange as a company, and new rules coercing users to use preferred pronouns on a site that formerly didn't care if you were male, female, or a dog. I am especially troubled by the fact that those with religious objections to this policy are being implicitly told they are not welcome here.
Ironically, the policy of "inclusion" by forcing American political ideology on all users has left me feeling very excluded from the community. Until such a time as things change, and we can go back to building a community of experts who ask and answer questions, I will not be participating in the community.
Member for 3 years, 7 months
1 profile view
Last seen Mar 14 '19 at 20:04
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 48.8k 48.8k 3939 gold badges183183 silver badges389389 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 17.1k 17.1k 1414 gold badges7171 silver badges116116 bronze badges
- Movies & TV 15.4k 15.4k 1010 gold badges6666 silver badges131131 bronze badges
- Role-playing Games 15.2k 15.2k 99 gold badges5252 silver badges101101 bronze badges
- Board & Card Games 8.4k 8.4k 77 gold badges3636 silver badges8080 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 772 Where is Java Installed on Mac OS X?
- 201 Why doesn’t the IRS just send me a bill for the taxes I owe based on the info they already have?
- 166 Was Kirk and Uhura's kiss in Star Trek really the first interracial kiss on TV?
- 162 Why did the Matrix simulate 1999 instead of a pre-computer year?
- 158 How do I get players to say "no" when they are afraid of missing out on sidequests or XP?
- 118 How can I find restaurants in the USA where tipping is not expected?
- 115 Higher up doesn't carry around their security badge and asks others to let them in. What should I do about this security issue?
- View more network posts →